If you rely on other people and are responsible for their ability to execute, you my friend, are a leader.
How you create a team that works in harmony:
6 Results of Leadership Coaching
1. Build Your Confidence: People gravitate towards leaders...we love to watch them work and be in their company. It's because they are so true and sure in knowing who they are and why they do what they do. You know that little imposter voice in the back of your head, the one that says: ”Ummmm…are you sure you should do it like that?” Know what it's like to feel unshakable in your decisions.
2. Reduced Stress = Mental Advantage = Better Performance by Everyone: As you become more confident in your leadership skills and decisions, all the energy spend 2nd guessing is FREED! You now look towards the vision together, not getting caught up in the everyday. And nothing motivates people like progress because of their time and efforts!
3. Essential Skills w/focus on Emotional Intelligence: Skills have major impact on results you achieve. There is your tactical skillset to help things like overwhelm, productivity, etc., and the other skill set of Emotional Intelligence. Neuroscience teaches us the brain is constantly looking for threat, and it treats physical and emotional threats the same. We need to feel safe before we can collaborate. Learning these essential leadership skills is how you complete the triangle at right...and establish the 3 tenets of a leadership-strong culture.
4. Improved Relationships: Show up better in all areas of your life. By building off benefits 1-3, you have more energy overall, and that flows over into your personal life. You begin to find time to do things you enjoy...which brings more joy, contentment, and gratitude. And since people are people, the skills you learn through leadership coaching also flow over. You begin to have a deeper understanding of the people who are closest to you and drastically improve your relationships with those who matter most.
5. Social Impact and Purpose: Ok, soapbox time for just a sec...If within your business's four walls (virtual walls included), you create a workplace where people can be their best selves, where their contributions matter…you have greatly impacted their life. When they go home at night, they are better husbands and wives, mothers and fathers, citizens and neighbors. They know kindness, love, peace, and have a sense of accomplishment. When they interact with others they have a light in their eye, a bounce in their step, or a swing in their hips. You helped elicit that! Think of how that snowballs with all the people they touch…that’s social impact! You create what we all want: fulfillment in our lives.
6. The Bottom Line...Literally: Oh, yes if you’re curious, this all contributes to a better bottom line. You're no longer spinning your wheels, you are reaping the benefits: Higher team retention, client retention, client satisfaction, employee engagement, agility, innovation, longevity, disruption. This is what I refer to as the benefits of the benefits: accomplish goals, scale your business, have more impact, reach your dreams...create YOUR LEGACY.
Lovely, isn't it?
Even Warriors have worries...
So there you are, another night staring at the ceiling, wondering if you handled the conflict between two members of your team as well as you could have...was it fair? Did they both feel heard? Are they going to be able to bury the hatchet and work well together going forward???
Did I handle it appropriately??? Damnit.
You are the leader, you are expected to know how to handle and do everything.
That's a lot on one's shoulders. And not exactly what they need from you.
It's time to put your team to work. To help you. They are the experts at their job...you must become the expert at creating an environment for them to excel at that job.
How can you expect people to follow you if you don’t look like you know what you are doing??? How can you expect them to trust your decisions if they aren’t convinced?
You may not know it all…YET. And that is a big yet. Because when you have your kind of warrior-spirit, you can master anything. All that's needed is time and effort...and someone in your corner, someone helping you dig deep within, helping you face your inner challenges and create new ideas surrounding possibility. Soon after, you move forward confidently as you become armed with the right tools and skill sets. Leading a team is not for the faint of heart, it is a never-ending role of responsibility...there is never a point where you can say: “There, finished.”
Warriors are known for being brave, hands down. I don't consider myself brave...I think that's why I'm so enamored by them. I also like to think of what else makes them so majestic, so honorable, what draws me in. It's that through their brave leadership, it's just as important that they protect the people they're responsible for, the ones taking up the charge with them, every step of the way. They do this by staying true to their heart, to what purely matters, by inspiring what was thought could never be, and never allowing anything to sway or keep them from accomplishing their mission.
Living with a warrior-spirit in mind helps me try to be brave in my own life. For that, I am very grateful.
Leadership is a skill that can be developed.
I believe everyone has a right to work where they can thrive. And as leaders, I believe you are responsible for cultivating that kind of environment. You are not responsible for controlling their every move.
That's why my logo is a bear...to me, it's all about providing Mama Bear and Papa Bear leadership in your business. The right amount of love mixed with the right amount of gruff.
I also believe that you are serious about being a strong leader. You can feel the weight of the responsibility: Leadership is not for the faint of heart. I'm grateful you have decided to rise to the challenge. And I'm looking forward to the exciting road ahead!